So many men and women are looking for a more permanent solution to hair removal, especially for reducing coarse hair across problem areas such as the back and chest.
How does IPL work?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) works by sending light energy into the skin, which is then converted into heat energy. This heat energy is then absorbed by the melanin in the hair follicle, stunting hair regrowth at the root.
As your hair grows in different phases, you need to keep up regular treatments for a period of around 12 weeks, to ensure all of your hair is treated. When hair is in the Anagen phase, it’s in its prime growth stage and contains the most melanin. It’s at this stage that your IPL treatments are their most effective.
In the Catagen phase, the lower part of the hair stops growing and the follicle is reabsorbed. This makes it difficult for IPL treatments to be effective.
In the Telogen phase, the hair is in the ‘resting’ stage. The hair falls out in preparation of restarting the hair growth cycle. IPL will not be effective in this stage.
Which IPL device should I buy?
Bri921 Philips lumea Hair remover with 2 Attachments for Face and Body with Satin Compact Touch-up Facial Trimmer.
- Long-lasting: Enjoy at least 3 months of hair-free smooth skin* at least 85 Percent hair reduction in three treatments**
- Safe, gentle and easy: Breakthrough IPL technology developed with leading dermatologists; achieve long-lasting hair removal safely, in your home
- Tailored to you: Philips SmartSkin Sensor measures your skin tone and indicates the optimal setting for you
- Personalized treatment: Two, intelligent attachments for customized treatment on the body and face
- The Satin Compact Touch-up Facial Trimmer is small enough to take anywhere and allows you to quickly and easily remove even the finest hairs from your face in between IPL treatments.
The Infinity is safe and effective for women and men. It is designed for use on the face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini lines, and other areas of the body where unwanted hair grows.
No refill cartridges necessary. With a lifetime of pulses never worry about replacing your cartridge.
After every treatment, the number of hairs is reduced, resulting in beautiful, smooth results for life.
A typical full hair growth cycle may take 18-24 months. During this time, multiple Silk’n Infinity treatment sessions may be required in order to achieve permanent hair removal. The efficiency of hair removal varies from person to person according to body area, hair color and how the device is used.
Those two devices are awesome for hair removal on any parts of the body.